Credits to:

http://www.deviantart.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

2008 - 2009

Honestly, at this point, I don't feel inspired to write anything.. All I can feel is the garlic cheese naan slowly dissipating within the abyss of my digestive system.. It's kind of late to begin blogging about entering into a new year. Anyway,I was at PERKEB meeting a few hours ago, and Ps Reuben was sharing about letting go of the past.

Letting go of the past huh.
Success and failure have one thing in common, they are events of the past. What's important is who I am now. If I were to die today, what would the world matter to me? Nothing, I guess, since I'd be in heaven.. I've been through my fair share of peaks and troughs (if you could imagine a sinusoidal transverse wave pattern in 2D).. The peaks and troughs have been of different magnitudes, different intensities, different frequencies..

Okay la layman terms: A rollercoaster ride.
I have changed a lot. My priorities have transformed, cultured some good habits and bad ones too.. Looking back on a whole year, I did not come up with a 'Things I want to achieve by the end of 2008' list.. However,

There are things I wish I did that I did not do,
There are things I did that I wish I did not do.

In retrospect of 2008, there is one fact that has been more real to me in 2008 than any year in my life, one fact that I don't have to wish for to be true, one fact that I am fully assured of;

That is His GOODNESS, His LOVE, His FAITHFULNESS.

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5

What more could I ask for? I have JESUS =)

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

No comments: