Credits to:

http://www.deviantart.com

Thursday, January 01, 2009

A New < >

Emotions: New year only mah.
Regrets: God was not first everyday of my life.
Resolutions achieved: I never made new year resolutions before.. resolutions come anytime in the year, as I feel like it.
Resolutions made: Stop computer games altogether.

Things I have not done since last year:

1. Piss.
2. Eaten Mamak food.
3. Made a phone call.
4. Sat on a bus
5. Have dinner

Aha. Well, with all the fruitless talk behind,

Looking on the past year, it's only natural to be thankful of what God has done for me.
But last year was last year. Last year will never be this year, and neither will this year be the one after. So what makes this new year so special?

Right now, from a narrow PointOfView, a 'year' merely represents 365 ¼ days, or 8766 hours.. a mere time frame, a chrono-jargon. So a new year somehow doesn't mean much to me.
I never really understood why people relish the thought of a new year.
Maybe it's a career bonus? Promotion? Who knows? Sure, it's another year closer to being deceased. Sure, it's yet another study semester that I have to face.

So, to me, what's so significant about this year?
Aiya, so pessimistic lar, but nothing's special about this year.


Hmm. Our LORD invented time itself, and since we live within the boundaries of time, we're so limited. We could always define a year as 300 days, or a minute as 25 seconds.Just like how the alphabet was created. 'A' could have been '♠'..

But I know there's something more special than just a new year.
I think the most special thing I will ever experience is His love. No time-frame is going to determine whether His love for us increases or decreases. A new year does not trigger whether or not his compassion for us have dropped one bit.

So maybe I won't celebrate a new year. I'll celebrate every new second. I'll celebrate every new minute, every new hour, every moment... every (insert time frame here). I won't celebrate a new year because it's a new year. I'll celebrate a new year because I'm celebrating His continuous, limitless love.

Why not celebrate God's love with unending praise unto Him?
Is it not so, that only unending praise will fit His unending love that we experience every (insert time frame here) .

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

When I was not faithful, you were faithful.
When my love for You has dulled, Your love for us has never changed.
Frail as I am, You never look down on me. Instead, You love me enough to know me so intimately, every sub-atomic particle.

So, therefore, let every sub-atomic particle within me celebrate His infinite, unending love for me!

Praise, people, PRAISE!

No comments: