Credits to:

http://www.deviantart.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Love and be hated, or hate love Himself

Matt 10:25 -> It is enough for the student to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master..

You were hated, LORD Jesus, despised by the very people you loved, scorned by the people you saved. As such, make me that way too, that I may be like you. As you have worn a crown of thorns, let me not wear a crown of jewel made by man, for it is dishonouring. Show me the way to wear this painful crown of thorns, and to bear this heavy cross. May I walk as you have walked, like a man without a place to lay his head. Teach me how to love and be hated, so that I may be considered worthy of a place in heaven near to You. Let me not say I love you with words, but hate you by not picking up my cross daily.

and I thought being a Christian was easy.


picture courtesy of www.rosaryworkshop.com



No comments: