Credits to:

http://www.deviantart.com

Friday, December 26, 2008

Painkillers

A painful past, and a present pain.
LORD. What shall I do with it? I want to move on.
How do I start anew, when I can't leave the past behind?


Some time ago, I bought some paracetamol(painkillers) and wrapped them as christmas presents for everyone.
As I know it, painkillers do nothing to remove the source of the pain, but does well to remove the sensation itself. Nonetheless, it offers relief somewhat.

I remember the time I had a faith-testing toothache during my first semester exam in my first year in UKM. And a very faith-testing toothache it was, when there's a limit to daily dosage ( 8 pills a day ).. And when the painkiller supply was depleted, I had to bear the pain until I visited the local orthodontist.

all I could do was pray..

Analogous to emotional pain, sometimes we take all kinds of 'painkillers'. Elements that seem capable of alleviating the pain. Comfort in friendship and relationships, keeping oneself busy, music, food, things that don't seem to satisfy. For a temporary duration these elements do seem to alleviate the pain.. But when it comes back again and we have exhausted all the 'painkillers', we become one who's at wits end, spirits end, emotions end.

and all we could do was pray.

As painkillers don't remove the cause of the pain,
earthly elements do not eliminate the cause of your emotional hurts.

All you can do is pray.

And in His grace, He WILL carry you through, and He's always on time to save the day. He never goes back on His promises. His will for you is perfectly planned and wonderfully crafted.
Trust in Him, for those that trust in Him are indeed like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken.

Phil 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

No comments: