Credits to:

http://www.deviantart.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eternally temporary. Temporarily eternal.

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain that which he cannot lose”

Jim Elliot


I was just thinking about how I'm supposed to get good grades and mark up my cgpa, with Malam Krismas drawing immensely close. So I wanted to open the textbooks to catch up when I felt drawn to perform my daily devotions. And I came upon these verses. Confirmation, I'd say.


Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."
Job 1:21

We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the LORD.
2 Corinthians 5:7-8

If you're going through any tough siuation, remember that we are to live our lives here as mere strangers in reverent fear of our LORD. Our lives here are temporary. =)

1 comment:

Liz said...

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 is one of my favourite verses. Sometimes I do struggle with this verse -- sometimes placing priority on the things that are 'seen' -- but I believe we all do struggle with it. It takes reminders from God like these to tell us what's most important. :)