Credits to:

http://www.deviantart.com

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Faithfulness

I was just reading this particular psalm... so, well, share share time..

Psalm 78:37-39
(when the Israelites were in the wilderness, after witnessing God's miracles at the Red Sea and the miraculous splitting of the rocks and manna rain from heaven)

their hearts were not loyal to him,
they were not faithful to his covenant.
Yet he was merciful;
he forgave their iniquities(immorality) and did not destroy them.
Time after time he restrained his anger
and did not stir up his full wrath.
He remembered that they were but flesh,
a passing breeze that does not return.


I began to think of myself and the times I have not been faithful to a faithful God. And my heart has turned to make little idols for myself here and there whenever I disobey, whenever I choose to rely on my own ability than acknowledge His enabling power. whenever I become proud...
Yet he was merciful, indeed.. *phew*..

The final part of this passage, says that HE REMEMBERS how human we are, and how much we need His grace. It reflects us as mere breezes that does not return.. We don't remember a breeze right? Moving air? And still, we have our own way of blowing ourselves up, causing us to FORGET our GOD is all-powerful, not us..

How unfaithful we are..


LORD, thank you for your faithfulness that lasts throughout all generations, as said is in Your word. Show me how to be faithful. Remind me how infinitesimal I am, that I'm weak without You and strong with You. Praise Your name GOD, for You have stretched out the heavens and breathed out the stars, and yet still hold in the palm of Your hands.
[ Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name - Psalm 86:11, of David ]

No comments: