Credits to:

http://www.deviantart.com

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 2: the power of the promise

How timely. A close friend of mine is now experiencing a somewhat similar situation.. Two days have passed, none of which have been easy. Each day has been filled with sorrow and unrest, but yet an inner peace which comes with spending daily time with you.. hearing from you and learning from you and about you.. it's true; that when I feel alone and have lost all hope, I begin to know instinctively that I am not truly alone and I have a hope which is founded upon your character called faithfulness.

And there is one greater still; a hope that comes from your spoken word, a promise... I have Your divine promise, so I can urge it with all certainty for You are true to your word. When you give a promissory note, your honour is engaged; you sign your hand, and you must discharge it when the due time comes, or else you lose credit. It has never been said of You throughout the Bible that you dishonour your bills. Your credit has never been impeached, and never shall be. You are punctual to the moment. You are never before Your time, but You are never behind it.

Genesis 32:12
And thou saidst, I will surely do thee good.

No comments: